Facilitated by the Meeting’s Outreach Committee, this discussion class introduces people — who are new to Quakers, or new to this Meeting in the last couple of years or so, or who are thinking of becoming a Member — to the Meeting and to the wider Quaker world.
The class strives to facilitate personal spiritual growth, provides an opportunity to ask questions about Quakers, and to recognize the commonality among Quakers while cherishing the diversity among those who value the Quaker Way. This class is usually offered in the fall.
Introduction to the Quaker Way: A Class for Newcomers
The three-session class, held usually two times during a year, is intended for people who are new to Quakers, or new to this Meeting in the last couple of years or so, or who are thinking of becoming a member of Olympia Monthly Meeting.
The goals of the course are to:
- Facilitate personal spiritual growth and create an environment for spiritual sharing with other newcomers such as takes place in Meeting for Worship and in Meeting small groups
- Get better acquainted with some others in the Meeting and with Meeting activities
- Provide an opportunity to ask questions about Quakers and about the Meeting
- Get acquainted with some current thoughts, experience, concerns, and service activities of Friends
- Recognize and cherish the diversity among Quakers.
If you are interested in joining the class we encourage you to let us know. Contact Sam Merrill with this contact form or call 360-866-8839.
We are prepared to provide child care – provided you let us know of the need in advance.